Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290 Online Training Course
Course Topics: 12
Estimated Time Needed: 54 hour(s)
Audience: This training course is for anyone preparing for the MCSE/MCSA exam 70-290, or for anyone who wants an introduction to using Microsoft Windows 2003 Server in the enterprise.
Course Description: The Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSA/MCSE 70-290 online course is designed to help learners prepare for Microsoft exam number 70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment. This online course explains how to license, install, and configure Windows Server 2003. Learners are taught how to manage disks and server hardware, how to configure and control resource access, and how to manage Terminal Services and Web services. In addition, the online course of courses covers how to use server management tools and how to monitor performance and security. Finally, learners are taught how to create and implement a disaster recovery plan. Courses in this online course introduce learners to graphical tools and command-line utilities for managing users, groups, workstations, and server hardware.
Course Tutorials Include:
Time: 4 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 1 Overview of Windows Server 2003
This course introduces learners to new features and capabilities available in Windows Server 2002. Learners learn how to license and activate Windows Server 2003, how to perform a new installation, and how to upgrade a server that uses an earlier Windows operating system.
- Identify and describe new or enhanced features of Windows 2003 Server
- Choose the correct edition of Windows 2003 Server for your needs
- Manage licensing and activation of Windows 2003 Server
- Install Windows 2003 Server on a new computer
- Upgrade an existing server to Windows 2003 Server
Time: 6 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 2 Managing Physical and Logical Disks
This course explains how the operating system enables learners to interface with the physical and logical disks in a computer. Learners learn how to optimize disk performance to increase the overall performance of a server using the Windows 2003 Server operating system.
- Understand disk terminology and concepts
- Understand and manage physical and logical disks
- Optimize disk performance
- Understand and use remote storage
- Troubleshoot disks and volumes
Time: 4 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 3 Configuring, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Server Hardware
This course explains driver signing and how to configure driver-signing options. In addition, it explains how to use Device Manager, the Hardware Troubleshooting Wizard, Control Panel applets, and included command-line utilities to monitor server hardware.
- Understand server hardware vulnerabilities
- Install and configure server hardware devices
- Monitor server hardware
- Troubleshoot hardware devices
Time: 7 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 4 Managing User, Group, and Computer Accounts
This course explains how Windows Server 2003 treats users, groups, and computers in the Active Directory environment. Learners will learn how to use common management tools, including Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) and other useful utilities. This course shows learners how to create and modify user, group, and computer accounts with ADUC. Finally, learners will learn about command-utilities that can be used to automate account creation and import user accounts.
- Understand security objects
- Use management tools
- Create and manage user accounts
- Create and manage group accounts
- Create and manage computer accounts
Time: 4 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 5 Managing Access to Resources
This course explains how to manage access to files and folders, printers, computers, and other resources on the network. Learners will learn about different types of permissions and user rights that can be configured, how permissions are inherited, and how command-line utilities can be used to manage access control. This course also explains how to troubleshoot common access problems, how to use the Encrypting File System to encrypt files and folders, and how to implement a PKI using Windows Server 2003's Certificate Services.
- Understand access control
- Understand and use access permissions
- Set user rights and privileges
- Troubleshoot access problems
- Use new command-line utilities to manage access control
- Use EFS encryption
- Implement a Public Key Infrastructure
Time: 4 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 6 Configuring Terminal Services
This course provides an overview of the benefits of using Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services. Learners learn how to select the Terminal Services functionality that best fits their needs. This course discusses installation and configuration of the terminal server role, the Terminal Services client software, and licensing issues.
- Understand Windows Terminal Services
- Use Terminal Services components for remote administration
- Install and configure the terminal server role
Time: 3 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 7 Managing and Troubleshooting Terminal Services
This course shows learners how to use Terminal Services administrative tools, including the Terminal Services Manager and Terminal Services Configuration console tools. This course also covers the Remote Desktop MMC snap-in, using group policies to control Terminal Services learners and clients, Terminal Services extensions to the properties of user accounts and the Terminal Services command-line tools. Finally, learners learn how to troubleshoot problems with Terminal Services.
- Use Terminal Services client tools
- Use Terminal Services administrative tools
- Troubleshoot Terminal Services
Time: 4 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 8 Using Server Management Tools
This course introduces learners to many of the graphical management consoles and command-line administrative utilities that are included in Windows Server 2003. Learners learn how to use these tools to manage servers and networks.
- Recognize types of management tools
- Manage your server remotely
- Use Emergency Management Services
- Manage printers and print queues
- Manage and troubleshooting services
- Use wizards to configure and manage your server
Time: 5 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290: 9 Managing Web Servers with IIS 6.0
This course explains the installation and configuration process for IIS 6.0 and introduces learners to its new features. Learners are shown how to use the Web Server Security Lockdown Wizard and how to manage security issues for Web servers. This course also covers troubleshooting issues and the new IIS command-line utilities.
- Install and configure IIS 6.0
- Find out what's new in IIS 6.0
- Manage IIS 6.0
- Troubleshoot IIS 6.0
- Use new IIS command-line utilities
Time: 7 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290:10 Monitoring Performance and Security
This course shows learners how to use monitoring tools such as Task Manager, System Monitor, and command-line utilities to monitor server performance and security. Learners will learn how to use the information in the security log to track successful or failed breaches of security. Finally, learners will learn how to optimize the performance of common server applications.
- Monitor performance
- Optimize servers for application performance
- Audit security events
- Use Event Viewer
- Use command line tools
- Use the shutdown event tracker
Time: 2 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290:11 Planning Disaster Recovery
This course explains how to create a comprehensive disaster recovery plan for an organization\'s network and servers.
- Create a backup plan
- Create a system recovery plan
Time: 4 hour(s)
Windows Server 2003 Administration MCSE 70-290:12 Implementing Disaster Recovery
This course shows learners how to use the backup and recovery tools included with the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
- Implement a backup plan
- Implement a system recovery plan
- Work with volume shadow copies
- Recover server hardware failure
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
Improve job skills - Become more efficient - Produce better results !
Order online and receive your login ID via email.
Then, login anytime to take the training courses online as many times as you wish for 1 year.