Visual Studio .NET and ASP.NET
Visual Studio .NET and ASP.NET Online Training Course
Course Topics: 3
Estimated Time Needed: 8 hour(s)
Audience: This training course is for anyone who is interested in learning to develop applications using Visual Studio .NET.
Course Description: This online course introduces students to the ASP.NET platform, and gets students started using ASP.NET features such as server controls, validation controls and composite controls in their Visual Studio .NET projects. This online course uses the Enterprise Architect edition of Visual Studio 2002.
Course Tutorials Include:
Time: 2 hour(s)
Visual Studio .NET and ASP.NET: 1 Getting Started
This course provides an overview of ASP.NET and explains advances made over previous versions of ASP. This course explains the components of an ASP.NET Web form, then shows how to design an ASP.NET Web form using Visual Studio. NET. The course also explains how requests and responses are handled, and how application root directories are structured. The course concludes with a discussion of the role of HTML and XML in ASP.NET applications.
- Describe the evolution of ASP to ASP.NET
- Explain the platform requirements for ASP.NET
- Describe ASP.NET programming models
- Explain what Web forms are and their uses
- Create an ASP.NET application
- Describe IIS application roots
- Explain how HTML and XML work in ASP.NET
Time: 3 hour(s)
Visual Studio .NET and ASP.NET: 2 Using Server Controls
This course explains how to use server controls with ASP.NET Web forms. This course shows students how server controls work, and how to add server controls to Web forms and set their properties. The course then discusses how to use specific server controls and concludes with an example ASP.NET Web form showing multiple server controls in use.
- Describe how server controls are used in ASP.NET
- Describe how Web controls are used in ASP.NET
- Set properties and handle events in Web forms
- Use the various Web controls and add them to forms
Time: 3 hour(s)
Visual Studio .NET and ASP.NET: 3 Working with Validation and Composite Controls
This course teaches students how to use validation controls and composite controls when constructing an ASP.NET Web form. The course discusses how to use specific controls to validate ASP.NET Web form data. The course shows students how to develop their own server controls, how to create user control, and how to create and use composite controls.
- Explain the function of validation controls in ASP.NET
- Use the various validation controls in an application, and employ multiple validation controls
- Explain when you need to develop your own server controls
- Create and use Web user controls
- Convert ASP.NET pages to user Web controls
- Create and use composite controls
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
Improve job skills - Become more efficient - Produce better results !
Order online and receive your login ID via email.
Then, login anytime to take the training courses online as many times as you wish for 1 year.