PC Applications Online Training Course
Course Topics: 7
Estimated Time Needed: 40 hour(s)
Audience: This course is for those people who have never used a computer and for those who have some computer experience but no formal qualification proving their knowledge or skills.
Course Description: This online course is designed for computer users who have limited or no computer experience. The online course of courses provides an overview of computer hardware, storage, software, and security and copyright considerations. This online course also provides introductory instruction on using a personal computer and various PC applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, browser, as well as electronic mail applications.
Course Tutorials Include:
Time: 3 hour(s)
PC Applications: 1 Concepts of Information Technology (IT)
After taking this course, the learner will be able to identify and differentiate various kinds of computers, hardware, and software. The learner will also be able to describe the concept of networking and list strategies for protecting their computers and the data they contain.
- Identify various kinds of computers, from mainframes to microcomputers
- Distinguish between computer hardware and software
- Identify the steps in developing a computer-based system
- List several ways that networking extends the capabilities of a personal computer
- List several precautions to follow to prevent damage to a computer and its data
- Distinguish differences among copyrighted software, shareware, and freeware
Time: 5 hour(s)
PC Applications: 2 Using the Computer and Managing Files
After taking this course, the learner will be able to start, shut down, and restart the computer; display system data, desktop information, and online help; work with icons and windows; organize files and folders; as well as edit and print data.
- Start, shut down, and restart a personal computer
- Display information about the operating system and the desktop
- Format a diskette
- Identify the parts of an application window
- Manage folders, files, and program icons
- Edit and print data
Time: 6 hour(s)
PC Applications: 3 Word Processing
After taking this course, the learner will be able to use a word processing application to create documents, as well as manipulate and format text. The learner will also be able to prepare a document for printing, preview and print a document, create tables, import objects, and merge a mailing list with a document.
- Create, save, close, and revise a document or template
- Format characters and paragraphs individually and as a group (using styles)
- Search and replace text
- Preview and print a document
- Create, manipulate, and format a table
- Add and manipulate graphics and objects
Time: 9 hour(s)
PC Applications: 4 Spreadsheets
After taking this course, the learner will be able to work with a spreadsheet application to insert and manipulate data. The learner will also be able to create formulas and functions, format and print a spreadsheet, import objects, and create and adjust charts.
- Open, revise, close, and print a spreadsheet
- Insert, select, copy, move, and delete data
- Search, replace, sort, and format data
- Use, create, and copy both formulas and functions (e.g., SUM, AVERAGE, and IF)
- Import an object and text file into a spreadsheet
- Create, adjust, move, and delete a chart
Time: 5 hour(s)
PC Applications: 5 Database
After taking this course, the learner will be able to work with a database application to create a database, create, use, and change a data entry form, retrieve information, and create reports.
- Open, close, create, and update a database
- Revise and save records
- Create, use, and revise a data entry form
- Create and refine a query
- Select and sort data
- Create and edit a report
Time: 6 hour(s)
PC Applications: 6 Presentation
After taking this course, the learner will be able to work with a presentation application to insert, manipulate, and format text, images, and slides. The learner will also be able to draw objects and produce charts for a presentation; print and distribute a presentation; and add special effects to a slide presentation.
- Create, format, save, open, revise, and close a presentation document
- Export a presentation document to an application or Web site
- Add text and an images to a slide
- Use a master slide
- Preview and print a presentation document
- Add special effects and deliver the slide show
Time: 6 hour(s)
PC Applications: 7 Information and Communication
After taking this course, the learner will be able to open a Web browsing application, search for information on the Web, and use electronic mail to send and receive messages.
- Open and close a Web browsing application
- Display a Web page
- Search the Web for information and navigate among pages
- Open and close an electronic mail application
- Create, send, receive, save, reply to, and forward a message
- Use an address book
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
Improve job skills - Become more efficient - Produce better results !
Order online and receive your login ID via email.
Then, login anytime to take the training courses online as many times as you wish for 1 year.