Lotus Notes 6.5
Lotus Notes 6.5 Online Training Course
Course Topics: 5
Estimated Time Needed: 20 hour(s)
Audience: This training course is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Lotus Notes 6.5.
Course Description: This online course focuses on the major components of Lotus Notes 6.5. It introduces basic concepts such as navigation, views, databases, and security. Use of mail with Lotus Notes 6.5 is covered in detail, along with using the calendar, to do lists, and address books. This online course also discusses editing, formatting, and managing Notes documents, and linking and attaching files to documents. Advanced topics include using Lotus Notes 6.5 with the Web, replication, and using Notes remotely.
Course Tutorials Include:
Time: 4 hour(s)
Lotus Notes 6.5: 1 Mail
This course teaches the learner how to use the mail features in Lotus Notes. The learner will be shown how to move around in Notes, and how to change and lock passwords. The course also teaches the learner how to open and close the mailbox and read, send, reply to, and forward e-mail messages. The course also covers the organizational features of Notes, including sorting messages, deleting messages, using folders, and printing mail. Finally, the learner will be shown how to choose letterhead, create stationery, use bookmarks, and create an Out of Office Message.
- Open and close Lotus Notes
- Create a bookmark
- Change passwords
- Open and preview mail
- Create and send a mail message
- Reply to and Forward mail
- Create and delete folders
- Print mail messages
- Create and use stationery
- Manage mail messages using Mail Rules
- Create an Out of Office notice
- Create and send a Phone message
Time: 4 hour(s)
Lotus Notes 6.5: 2 Calendar, To Do Lists, and Address Books
This course teaches learners how to use the Calendar, To Do, and Addressing features of Lotus Notes 6.5. Learners will be shown how to select, open, schedule, and edit a variety of Calendar entries. The course also covers how to work with personal To Do lists. Finally, the course will teach the learner about Address Books in Lotus Notes and how to create contacts and Group Calendars.
- Explain the types of Calendar entries
- Create and customize entries in your Calendar
- Print a Calendar view
- Edit and convert Calendar entries
- Respond to and manage Meeting Invitations
- Create and work with To Do items
- Use your Personal Address Book and your Company Address Book
Time: 3 hour(s)
Lotus Notes 6.5: 3 Databases
This course provides an overview of Lotus Notes databases. It shows the learner how to open databases and use views. The learner will also be taught how to access the About and Using this Database documents. Finally, the learner will be introduced to the indexing and search features of Lotus Notes.
- Open and close databases and documents
- View the About this Database and Using this Database documents
- Use various views to display the contents of a database
- Add databases to your bookmarks
- Delete a database from your bookmarks and your computer
- Create a full-text index for a database
- Search a database by setting various search conditions and options
Time: 4 hour(s)
Lotus Notes 6.5: 4 Managing and Enhancing Documents
This course shows learners how to refresh views, edit documents, and view unread documents in Lotus Notes. The course teaches learners how to find and replace text in a document and in a database. The learner will also be shown how to select, move, and copy text; how to format text and paragraphs; how to set page breaks; and how to use the permanent pen. Finally, the course will teach the learner how to create document, database, and view links, as well as how to create, manage, detach, and launch file attachments.
- Find and replace text
- Select, move, copy, and cut text
- Describe common field types in Notes
- Apply text and paragraph formatting
- Use the permanent pen feature
- Create Document, Anchor, View, and Database links
- Create a text pop-up
- Insert a table into a mail message
- Create, change and format sections and section titles
- Create a Link Message
- Create, view, delete, and save, open, edit and print attachments
Time: 5 hour(s)
Lotus Notes 6.5: 5 Advanced Notes Features
This course shows learners how to set a variety of preferences, including mail, calendar, access, delegation, user, and toolbar options. It also explains how to set browser preferences and use Notes to browse the Web. Finally, the course teaches the learner about replication, how to create a new Mail replica, and how to work with Notes when out of the office.
- Set mail and calendar preferences
- Set access and delegation preferences
- Set user preferences
- Use Notes to browse the Web
- Use Notes remotely
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
Improve job skills - Become more efficient - Produce better results !
Order online and receive your login ID via email.
Then, login anytime to take the training courses online as many times as you wish for 1 year.