Communication in the Workplace
Communication in the Workplace Online Training Course
Course Topics: 3
Estimated Time Needed: 3 hour(s)
Audience: This series is for anyone who wants to gain insight into behavior as it applies to interpersonal communications and achieve more successful communications in the workplace.
Course Description: Effective communication is at the heart of your success in the workplace. By acquiring and using valuable communication skills, you increase your ability perform to your highest potential. This communication series focuses on a variety of ways to help you communicate more effectively in the workplace.
Course Tutorials Include:
Time: 1 hour(s)
Communication in the Workplace: The People Styles Model
This course provides information on identifying standard types of behavior used by various people during communications.
- Describe the basis for the People Styles Model
- Identify behavior that is more or less assertive
- Identify behavior that is more or less responsive
- Describe the four People Styles
- Apply the People Styles Model to interpersonal communications
Time: 1 hour(s)
Communication in the Workplace: People Styles At Work
This course provides information on how to use the People Styles Model to gain insight into the communication behavior of others. The course also shows how to adapt one's behavior to move toward a different People Style. This insight and the ability to apply it can help to improve communications with others.
- Explain the value of flexing
- Describe the steps for flexing
- Determine your People Style
- Describe how to change your behavior toward a different People Style
- Use the People Styles Flash Flex technique
Time: 1 hour(s)
Communication in the Workplace: High Performance Communciation
This course provides information about improving communication skills. High performance communication involves understanding the components of effective communication. This course provides ways to avoid misunderstanding and to establish appropriate, productive ways to respond during the communication process.
- Identify behaviors that can undermine the effectiveness of communication
- Identify the ingredients of effective communication
- Recognize considerations for speaking and listening
- Describe skills that contribute to more effective communication
- Identify appropriate ways to respond during the communication cycle
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Flash scenarios use real world situations to illustrate course concepts.
- Streaming video scenarios illustrate real world issues and solutions discussed in the course.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- MindNotes provide printable quick-reference sheets and other files to be used as learners apply their skills on the job.
- Decision Point activities allow learners to work toward an outcome in an interactive environment.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
Improve job skills - Become more efficient - Produce better results !
Order online and receive your login ID via email.
Then, login anytime to take the training courses online as many times as you wish for 1 year.